Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Royal Bed fit for a Princess & Prince (Part 1) (31-5-09)

Sunday, I dragged BB for a haircut again @ Tampines 1. After that, we initially had the intention of only dropping by the SIMMONS and SERTA showroom to see whether are there any offers on the bed.

However, when we passed by SIMMONS, there was no customers inside and there seems to be no attractive offers too. So we walked 2 shops ahead and stepped in SERTA. To be honest, I've not heard of this brand before until I remembered I saw Xiaohui and Seng Hwee's new bed has the 2 infamous sheep toy! haa.....

The SA who attended to us was Claris. I was too engrossed at jumping onto the different beds and didnt really catch what she was saying, as I left BB to listen to what she has to say lor. hahaha... There were quite alot of different models that I really can't differentiate which is which. The bigger beds all looks and feels plush to me. *lol* I was attracted more to the Missouri and another model which I really can't remember its name.

Missouri's having a promotion whereby I can get a free upgrade to King size if I buy Queen, etc. On top of that, I'll get 30% discount + another 8% discount (which that Sunday is their last day of promotion) + 1 lucky dip (which we got another 1 free pillow) + 1 mattress protector + 1 sheep + 1 bench + 2 pillows + another 1 premium gift (which we got another mattress protector).
I'll need to top up another $699 for the bed frame if I want that too.

The price is affordable for us and BB bought on the spot. *faint* I was quite worried because we haven't done much research on beds yet.. but Claris said that it's better that we lock in the price first and should we see a lower price set of Serta brand next time, we can bring our receipt there and she'll reduce for us. (I know this is sales-talk lor... sigh...but then again, both of us like the feel of the bed.)

Anyway, BB only paid a small deposit.
When I got home, I quickly try to search for some info online. It was said that the 3 "S" brands are the most popular brands in USA; namely Sealy, Simmons and Serta.
Sealy won the award for " World's Best selling mattress" whereas Serta won the award for "We make the World's best mattress." Simmons on the other hand, is more popular with hotels which are using their brand of mattresses.

Below is an extract of a search by one fellow forumer who has done her research on the 3 brands:-
"For simmons they r renowned for the support for their original pocketed coil technolgy .Simmons is the first that bring in individual pocketed coil decades ago it is the orginal only orginal pocketed coil are pre-compressed. I know u all dont understand. For example when we pre-compresses a coil from a 7 inches(Simmons have the highest coil height in the market) to a stardard height simmons set, the coil actually will be insisting on getting up so we slp on the mattress we can feel the support.Imported from USA,Japn,Korea,Canada,OEM malaysia,OEM China n OEM Thailand.

Sealy entered Singapore market not very long. Sealy are renowned for their Posturepedic coil, we call it open coil. all the coils are fully connected with wire.Posturepedic coil have sensory arm n triple off set it is said to be able to adjust to the correct alignment for our body.Sealy mattresses are mostly very comfortable.Sealy is the world's best selling mattress. Total Sales figures (world no. 1) Sealy + its two other sub companies.Sealy also have very wide price range(cheap to very expensive)as compared to Serta n Simmons.Most range Asemble in Thailand.Only some Unicase(expensive) from USA.

Serta is the youngest in Singapore mattress industry compare with the other 2.Serta is renowned for its mira coil technology is also name open coil fully connected with wire among the coil, n their comfort level for mattress.If serta says it is no.2 no one dare to compete with it for comfort level.But Serta these recent years did come out with their pocketed coil series for their mattresses.Serta did also won the title (We make the world's best mattress).Most range asembled in indonesia. practise OEM(original equipment manuafacturing).Some from USA.

Well If u wanted support higher can go for Simmons,if u wanted Comfort level higher go for Sealy or Serta open coil(motion transfer high) are used to make soft n comfortable mattresses.If you want support n no motion transfer between u n ur partner can go for Individual pocketed coil.If u only more concern about enjoying of comfort level 3 minutes before u slp u can go for open-coil Sealy or Serta.Only Simmons USA range can be compatible to Sealy n Serta for the comfort level.If u r more concern about the 8 hrs of sleep u will need good support u can go for Simmons.Choose a mattress according to what your needs.Hope it will help u to choose a mattress wisely."

Hope the above helps new couples buying new beds! (*^_^)

I'll only be able to feedback on my bed only in November after I've lied on it. hahaha....
In the meantime, there's only pics to show..

This is the Serta - Missouri mattress. (I think it's considered as a Pillowtop + Eurotop..Darn.. what exactly does this mea? I guess need to google again.. :p If I'm not wrong, pillowtop's referring to the layer of latex 'stuck' on top of the mattress..)

This set below is the Night Star Prestige Series... Looks posh and plush right? hahaha... I'm attracted to the bottom part of the bed frame that has those Martha Stewart's lace designs... :p

And this below, is the bedframe titled PRINCESS with bench.. I am going to go for leather/PVC bedframe!! ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i'm looking at tis mattress also, wondering if u could kindly let me know the price of Missouri, thanx... :)
u can email me at mh6009@gmail.com

wedding bridal hair and makeup said...

Glad to come across to your blog and find something useful for wedding!Thx for sharing!